With technologies continuously evolving in the electronics segment, it is
quite obvious that in the audio technology sphere, conventional audio output
methods will evolve too.
Especially in the case of the latest HD and 4K TV’s, the in-built speakers are not at par with the stunning display, since most LED TV manufacturers expect customers to buy a separate speaker system to complement the amazing visuals offered by the TV’s. This is where the demand for soundbars comes in.
There have been considerable changes in the size, weight, and style of TVscreens as they are getting bigger and slimmer. In addition to that, the modelscan be mounted on walls or can be placed on slim desks as part of home décor.
But, in doing so, it is becoming difficult to incorporate built-in speakers in these products, hence the need for external speaker system that may replicate a theater sound system.
Soundbars manufacturers across the world continue to respond by offering premium sound bars with latest audio technologies available in the market such as, Dolby audio technology, virtual audio and so on.
The products they offer also incorporate aesthetic aspects that match not only the slim style of the latest TV models, but also stay in harmony with sophisticated home décor of the room.
Further, these soundbars products offer various innovative features that make the life of consumer very easy such as the use of wireless technology or the choice of different sound modes.
As these external soundbars function as a home theatre system, you can
use the soundbar to connect not only to your TV, but your PC, gaming console,
music player, laptop or even smartphone, to get premium quality audio.
With increasing demand for soundbars, reputed audio equipment manufacturers such as JBL, Sony, LG, Sonos and Yamaha continue to offer a series of innovative soundbar models in the market for the customers. Some of the best soundbars that are available in the market today are detailed in this article
2019 Best Soundbars Comparison Table
|Device Name||Customer Rating||Sound Quality||Check Price|
|Q Acoustics M4||90/100||Great|
|Sony CT800 Powerful||90/100||Great|
|JBL Bar 5.1 4K Ultra HD 5.1||95/100||Great|
|LG SK9Y 5.1.2 ch High Res||90/100||Great|
|LG SK10Y 5.1.2||90/100||Great|
|Sonos 3.1 Entertainment Set||95/100||Great|
|Sonos Beam – Smart TV Sound Bar||95/100||Great|
Considered as one of the best play soundbars from a premium brand like Sony, the model the incorporates various innovative technologies such as a Vertical Sound Engine and 2.1Channel Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
When compared with other similar products in the market, this is the best play
soundbar under $700 as it offers seven sound modes for enhancing the audio
quality of sports, news, gaming, music and movies. Due to Vertical Sound Engine technology, you’ll experience the enhancement of voice and get greater clarity.
The manufacturer also offers 2.1-Channel Sound Bar system with 4K, wireless subwoofer and HDR support. With this best play soundbar, it becomes easy for the user to ensure connectivity with HDMI eARC, HDMI ARC, and HDMI as the operating system of this device is Android. Further, the user can install and integrate this device with PC.
- Vertical Sound Engine and 2.1Channel Dolby Atmos/DTS:X
- Seven sound modes for enhanced news, sport, gaming, music, and movie experience.
- Easy connection with PC, HDMI eARC, HDMI ARC, and HDMI
- The device uses Android as an operating system and is compatible with 4K HDR
- It is easy for you to connect the best play soundbar to your TV with Wi-Fi.
With this budget soundbar, the user can enjoy a quality home theatre sound. The product offers virtual sound technology capable of realistic sonic reproduction of any content without using multiple speakers.
This innovation enables you to immerse yourself in lifelike, clear sounds whether you’re playing games or watching movies, TV shows, or listening to any kind of music. Without the paraphernalia of various items and components, it becomes easy for you to install the system or maintain it.
For instance, you can fit the slim budget play soundbar and the wireless subwoofer on the wall or the table in front of the TV.
· With DTS Virtual X technology, the budget soundbar offers virtual sound in multiple dimensions for realistic sound.
· The setup of this budget soundbar system is very simple as there is no need to place multiple speakers throughout the room.
Now you can enjoy a richer bass, deeper and immersive surround sound with this best play sound under $ 300. Although an inexpensive product when compared to other similar products in the market, it remains the best choice for the people who live in a normal apartment, but want to experience home theatre sound every day.
With the total output of 320W, a wireless subwoofer, and HDMI ARC one-cable connection, the best play soundbar provides you with a simple and beautiful set-up with the finest sound quality. The Sony soundbar integrates technologies such as S-Force Pro Front Surround Sound to provide a quality cinematic audio experience.
The audio experience is further enhanced by 2.1Ch Front Surround sound as well as seven different sound modes from which you can make an appropriate choice.
· The cost of the product is less when compared to similar products in the market
· The product uses innovative sound technology – S-Force Pro Front Surround sound to enhance the audio experience.
· One more sound technology that is used in this best soundbar for TV is the 2.1Ch Front Surround Sound.
· You have a choice between seven different sound modes while watching any show or movie.
· The best soundbar under $300 has a built-in subwoofer and Bluetooth WiFi.
With a built-in subwoofer, the need for extra cables and boxes is eliminated and the slim design of this best soundbar under $300 also provides a stylish accessory that is in harmony with the home décor. The distinctive flared shape of the best soundbar for music provides sufficient allowance for cable entry.
In addition, the device provides outstanding sonic performance as the M4 uses BMR drive units. This feature also enables dispersing the sound across a wide area. BMR drive unit technology enables the user to use full Hi-Fi cinematic experience from anywhere in the room.
Further, with this best TV soundbar, you get connectivity with a wide range of entertainment sources such as Virgin or Sky box, Blu-Ray player, CD and DVD, among others. Some other devices can be connected with this best budget soundbar include internet or computer radio, portable music player, smartphone, and tablet.
- When compared to other similar products in the market, the price of the product is very reasonable
- As it uses AptX lossless Bluetooth for audio streaming, it is compatible with any comparable Bluetooth audio device.
- The use of digital, analogue and optical inputs from M4 enables this best soundbar to connect with various available entertainment sources such as CD, DVD, TV, Virgin or Sky box, smartphone, portable music player, as well as computer and other devices.
Enjoy a cinematic and powerful audio experience while viewing any movie or TV show, with an ultra-slim play soundbar that has been priced under $300. It is ideal for your living room or bedroom. With this best play soundbar, you can enjoy wireless surround capability with this 4K HDR soundbar.
Besides, you can expand your entertainment experience by connecting it with Google Home. Further, with the latest sound technologies such as DTS-HD Master Audio support, it will now be easy for you to stream audio visuals into multiple rooms of your home or the office. The installation is also very easy as you can mount it discreetly on a wall or it can be placed flat on any surface.
· The product is compatible with 4K or HDR and has HDCP2.2 support.
· It is easy for you to add wireless surround sound speakers easily.
· The voice control of the best play soundbar is fully compatible with Chromecast and Google Home.
· The Chromecast connectivity feature also enables you to connect the soundbar directly with the streaming service so the battery of your smartphone lasts longer.
· It is easy to get audio streaming with NFC or Bluetooth.
· The product also integrates the latest audio technology with Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio format support; A / V Sync: Yes (0-300 ms, 25 ms/step).
With this best play soundbar for gaming and music, you can transform the soundboard into a true wireless 5.1 home theatre system at your home. Its crafted for music connoisseurs who love to have a rich sound experience when watching TV or listening to music.
For enhancing the sound of the best soundbars for a projector, the manufacturer has integrated sound technologies such as Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS. Moreover, you can enjoy a rich and thrilling bass from the 10″ (250mm) wireless subwoofers.
The product also offers three HDMI inputs for connecting 4K devices and two detachable battery-powered wireless surround speakers with 10 hours of play-time. Further, you can connect all 4K devices and upgrade the system up to ultra HD.
- The JBL SoundShift enables you to shift from one connected Bluetooth device to the other, for instance from connected tablet or smartphone to the sound from your TV.
- For incredible sound, the manufacturer offers Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS.
- The top soundbar in the market features 510W of system power, a 10” wireless subwoofer, two detachable battery-powered wireless surround speakers, and 3 HDMI input for connecting 4K devices.
- This best quality soundbar has been specifically designed to function with all the top TV remote controls, so you can use the existing TV remote to control this device.
An excellent choice for audiophiles who want the best quality sound for watching their favorite programs on TV, the LG SK9Y is one of the best rated TV sound bars for those of you who have medium sized rooms.
The soundbar has in-built Chromecast, hence you can browse the internet or watch YouTube on your 4K TV when connected through Wi-Fi. The product integrates Dolby Atmos for a truly surround sound experience. Also, the high-resolution audio offers you better bit depth and sampling rates.
· The product integrates Dolby Atmos for a truly surround sound experience.
· Also, the high-resolution audio offers you better bit depth and sampling rates.
· The best soundbar under $500 has in-built Chromecast, hence you can browse the internet or watch YouTube on your 4K TV when connected through Wi-Fi.
· It has the option of connecting to wireless Surround speakers, if you intend to upgrade later. The manufacturer sells the optional SPK8-S wireless surround speakers separately, to complement this product.
· It also has the option of connecting to wireless surround speakers, if you intend to upgrade later. The manufacturer sells the optional SPK8-S wireless surround speakers separately, to complement this product.
With such a plethora of soundbars available in the market, sometimes you can be overwhelmed and uncertain which soundbar will be the best for you. These are some of the best possible choices related to sound bar products that are available in the market for audio lovers and audiophiles.
The comprehensive information provided in this article includes the features
provided in a particular model, its dimensions, weight, the tentative price range, its advantages as well as disadvantages. All you need to do is to compare these products, choose the best one and visit the site or store for the final step – that is the purchase.
No doubt, the choice of the soundbar differs due to differing needs, taste, budget, the choice of TV, the room size and so on. It’s important to purchase a soundbar
which not only integrates premium sound technology that synchronizes with the
electronic gadgets in your home, but also is within an affordable price range.
Further, it should complement the existing home décor as well as provide
With this top soundbar product, you get a quality home theatre sound system with a wide array of premium audio refinements such as Dolby Atmos, and a 3-dimensional sound field with independent volume controls for various overhead channels.
In addition, the best soundbars for LED TV enhances the audiophile-grade speaker design with Meridian Audio technology for superior voice clarity and bass. In addition, the manufacturer provides a special stand for the best play soundbar so that you can mount your 4K, OLED or SUPER UHD TVs.
For seamless music streaming, the product enables you to use the built-in Chromecast and Google Assistant voice control. Further, you can also access the internet with this product.
- With Meridian Audio feature, the experts have combined an advanced hardware design with great signal processing for widening the sound field and expanding the ‘sound image’ height.
- With Dolby Atmos feature, you can experience the ultimate surround audio while watching videos and movies.
- Compatible with Chromecast and works seamlessly with various popular music apps such as Google Play Music and Pandora.
If you have an HD TV and would like to create your very own home theatre system or complement your VR gaming set-up, this best soundbar for music remains the best choice for you.
It’s essentially a bundle of two items; one is Sonos Play Soundbar and other is Sonos Subwoofer. While the sound playback in this bundle provides not only realistic and powerful sound to your TV with 9 amplified speakers, it also functions as a wireless speaker for playing music at home.
The subwoofer enhanced the audio experience with floor-shaking bass that emanates through two force-cancelling speakers for zero cabinet rattle or buzz.
Thus, it remains the best choice for console or VR gamers who require a solid bass for gaming, also movie buffs who love richly textured and highly detailed sound while watching Netflix or movies.
- The best soundbar for games is a bundle of two items, Sonos play soundbar and Sonos subwoofer
- This product is completely synchronised with HD TV and is specifically designed to enhance the audio experience of the user both with TV and gaming
- The function of the product can be controlled through free apps related to iPad, iPhone, and Android through wireless as it understands as well as speaks most IR remote’s language.
- It is easy to install more Sonos speakers throughout the home and experience wireless audio.
If you love to watch TV shows and movies with enhanced audio experience, but don’t want a complicated home sound system, the best play soundbar under $500 remains the best choice for you.
This is mainly because the device is very easy to set up and is compact; hence it’s very easy to place even in a small living room. Further, the best play soundbar enables the user to play from a wide range of connected Bluetooth devices and control it with voice commands, the Sonos app, remote and so on.
In addition, the sound technology has been developed by Oscar-winning sound engineers to bring out the nuances of human voice. This best play soundbar also includes built-in Amazon Alexa.
- When compared to other similar products, it is very easy to unbox and install and requires just an automatic remote detection and two cords.
- You can control the best play soundbar with Beam, voice command, the Sonos app or the remote.
- This best play soundbar for TV is specially tuned by Oscar-winning sound engineers for enhancing the audio experience.