Good turntables are must if you want to enjoy the intimate and warm tones of the vinyl records. 45s and albums are not good companions when you plan on traveling so what works well for mobile music fans are turntables.
Whether you love listening to music as an audiophile or enjoy listening to it as your hobby, you need to choose the best turntable under $500 within your budget. So have a look at the best turntable reviews under $500 which are affordable and offer you with super amazing sound quality.
2019 Best Turntable Under $500 Comparison Table
Last update on 2019-12-14 at 23:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It is one of the top turntable reviews under $500 which offers you with super-amazing features. This professional turntable works well for music enthusiasts and DJs. This turntable is best for the post-vinyl era as it allows you to digitize the old LPS into high-quality FLAC files or MP3 files for playback.
However, this turntable is compatible with PC or Mac but not with the laptops. It has a USB output that allows you to connect with your PC and convert files. The turntable comes with accessories that help in digitizing the LPs.
AT-LP120 comes with a tonearm that keeps it stable during traveling. This best sounding turntable under 500$ comes with a DC servo motor which maintains the stable rotational speed with complete accuracy giving a complete transformation to LPs which you might not have heard for several years.
This turntable allows you to adjust the pitch with different variations. You can play the desired tunes in a queue with the stroboscopic platter and a stylus light.
AT-LP120 perfectly allows you to be creative and enjoy with the sophisticated tools as a DJ. It offers outstanding details and clarity of the tunes due to the presence of a phonograph. It is the best turntable to buy within affordable range giving you high-performance.
- This best sounding turntable under $500 can be fully operated manually with selectable speeds and immediate startups.
- You can convert vinyl records into digital ones with the help of USB port which is compatible with PC or Mac.
- The turntable has an aluminum platter which minimizes the vibration offering professional anti-resonance.
- It features an Audio-Technica cartridge which is amazing in terms of quality with a diamond stylus having a long-life.
- You can enjoy the best tonearm under $500 which is completely balanced and S-shaped offering a hydraulic lift control with a lockable rest.
- The turntable allows you the playback controls due to the presence of stroboscopic platter.
- The stylus present in this turntable allows you for simple cueing within dim lights.
- It has built-in connectivity options with the USB cable and RCA output cables.
- The turntable is supplied with accessories like USB cable, adapter cables, adapter, cartridge, and AC line cord and audacity software.
The hardwood base in this turntable is elegant with features that provide a super quality performance. The hardwood plinths in this turntable are constructed with US flat cut rift walnut and maple.
- The hardwood solid built of the turntable is either in rift walnut or maple.
- This exclusive turntable comes with a cue lever that allows you to easily operate it.
- It is the award-winning cartridge i.e. Ortofon 2M delivers dynamic and open sound with perfect quality without affecting the music.
- The précised tonearm results in low distortion and accurate tracking of the records. This turntable features an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate design.
- The acrylic platter in this best turntable under $500 offers a consistent speed with clearer sound and detailed playback music. The external belt drive in this top record players under 500$ ensures the consistent speed i.e. 33 1/3 and 45 RPM with the elimination of motor noise.
- It has a moving magnetic cartridge, conical diamond stylus and an aluminum cantilever that can be easily installed and setup.
- The MDF platter offers low resonance with a consistent and stable bed for records to spin and lay down underneath the needle.
This turntable is vinyl reborn allowing you to sit back and enjoy the super amazing quality of soundtracks by plugging it to your PC and digitally capturing the music for personal relaxation.
- This best turntable under $500 offers the listeners with a super amazing quality of audio technology. It ensures that the users enjoy warm and smooth sound of the vinyl.
- The tonearm design of this turntable is upgraded to offer stability and durability to the cartridge. This turntable is lightweight which aids in improving the traceability.
- It offers a built-in phono EQ which allows you to play through external phono EQ or integrated amp.
- This turntable allows you to connect it with PC or Mac and convert the old tracks into high-resolution ones. This makes the soundtracks compatible with any device or portable player for playback at any place or any time.
- Capture the analog masterpieces into Hi-res audio for DSD quality. Just switch on this turntable, connect it with a USB to PC and digitalize your favorite tracks into Hi-res.
- No vibrations felt because the turntable is supported with rubber dampers along with complete insulation that eliminates the vibrations.
- The turntable is highly stable in motion with a belt drive system that offers the listeners with natural sound quality.
This best vintage turntable under $500 comprises of Pro-ject debut carbon DC, plug-play, Ortofon cartridge, DC power supply, carbon-fiber tonearm, and many others. It is highly affordable and boasts a tonearm that is stiff with a DC power supply which offers speed stability.
The exceptional details of the records are offered with this best turntable under $500. If you plan on experiencing the super analog sounds with an easy plug and play design then pro-ject debut carbon turntable is the best one.
This carbon-fiber tonearm reduces unwanted resonance with superb performance. The 2M cartridge in this turntable delivers exceptional tracks with the recovery of music within different vinyl grooves.
The platter featured in this turntable reduces the vibrations and motor noise protecting the Debut Carbon DC. The turntable is gloss-finished with attractive design, smooth rotation, and low resonance.
- 8.6 inches Carbon tonearm
- The platter size of the turntable is enhanced with increased weight
- The belt drive in this best turntable under $500 is completely précised with synchronized motor
- It has an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
- Felt mat
- Dust cover offered with this turntable
- Latest DC power supply is offered with the turntable which is completely précised and provides the complete speed stability
- The motor suspension is new TPE
This elite quality turntable allows you to play traditional EP and LP vinyl records offering you with stunning sound quality. When you are in a mood to enjoy your favorites like 33 or 45 RPM records then set up a sound system, drop down the needle and enjoy yourself surrounded with this turntable.
Best record player under $500 captivates your soul with the perfect crisp sound of the music. The premium components of this turntable offer you a pure music listening experience allowing you to perform in the best artistic way.
Best vinyl player under $500 is easy to use and manage the setup. The operation speed and sound quality of this turntable are brilliant. The system of this record player includes a super quality Audio technical cartridge and a diamond stylus which runs smoothly over the grooves offering you with high-quality sound.
The incorporated preamp in this record player allows you to connect to the amp directly without any hassle of installation. No bad vibrations are faced with this turntable because it is belt-driven and comprises of the aluminum platter for excellent sound.
- The elliptical stylus of this turntable makes your music appear richer with perfect clarity along with the channel balance.
- The adjustable and balanced counterweight S-type tonearm offers the listeners with complete clarity of music without any compromise on your collection.
- The premium quality sound is produced with super-quality components featured in this turntable allowing you to enjoy the experience of true music. The components in this turntable include preamp, gold-plated RCA outputs along with the ground terminal.
- This best sounding turntable under 500$ has a premium design featuring a solid wood cabinet that reduces the vibrations to improve the quality of the music.
- This turntable allows you with high-quality record tracking that uses the S-type tonearm with the stylus rested deep within the record’s grooves resulting in detailed audio clarity.
This best turntable under $500 is designed with the layout including PLX-1000 professional manufacturing, producing a clear and warm analog sound. It is one of the best turntables with vinyl that allows you to play the record collections of music at home.
The Pioneer Pro DJ black is designed with précised type of audio playback, excellent vibration-reducing capability and has a USB port that allows you to digitize your music collection in the free software available with this turntable. PLX-500 works well with record box DVS plus pack which is a compatible mixer along with RB-VS1-K that allows you to scratch and play with digital files.
- This best turntable under $500 offers the listeners with excellent sound quality
- It allows the users to simply record the vinyl collections into digital ones by connecting it to Mac or PC.
- It offers a high-torque which is ideal for scratching or mixing the music collection.
- It has a sleek design.
- The turntable has a built-in USB port.
- Dust cover in this turntable featuring record sleeve stand.
AT-LP5 is a combination of high-quality design and technology. This sleek turntable offers a perfect grace to the entire room with its design and rich features. This full-sized turntable spins the platter with the fixed connection.
The advantage of this turntable when compared to the belt-driven one is that it offers accuracy and pitch stability.
- This turntable features a specialized designed AT95Ex magnet stereotype cartridge which is dual moving. It is exclusively designed for this best new turntable under $500.
- The unwanted resonance is minimized with the help of damping materials and anti-vibration design.
- The anti-skate control and adjustable counterweight design serve well for listeners without posing any troubles.
- It offers an ergonomic start/ stop option with speed selections between 33 ½ and 45rpm speeds.
- The low-frequency sound quality is achieved with heavy damping type of rubber mat, 5mm Audio-Technica.
- The J-shaped tonearm design is classical to refer to the 1960-1970 designs of Audio-Technica. It minimizes the errors while tracking, complementing the clean lines along with minimal design.
- This turntable offers perfect on-axis rotation with the complete balance due to the précised machined cast-aluminum record platter.
- The twist-locking mechanism of the tonearm helps in simplified and immediate headshell exchange.
This best automatic turntable under $500 lets you enjoy the best analog experience. You can take your music experience to advanced levels with the best features offered with AT-LP3. It features a straight tonearm and a ½ mounted universal headshell that offers the listeners with high-fidelity performance.
You can also choose the moving magnet or coil cartridges of your choice for enjoying the best music experience. You can safely place the stylus at a precise position due to the presence of hydraulic damped lift control.
You can automatically switch on or off the turntable without any hassle. The construction of this best turntable under $500 is such that it offers no vibrations with limited frequency. You can enjoy playing both 33 1/3 and 45 RPM speeds on this player.
As Read our Review for best turntable under $200 so you can check some great turntables on the list
It offers a built-in phono preamp along with an RCA output which can be easily connected to the home stereo and powered speakers.
- It comes with an automatic belt drive that allows you to simply start or stop the player. It allows the listeners to play the records at both 33 1/3 and 45 RPM.
- This turntable features the balanced tonearm i.e. straight with hydraulic lift control that allows the stylus to drop down safely over the records.
- It is specifically designed for ATLP3BK that incorporates the magnetic cartridge and an aluminum cantilever that improves the rigidity and pickup of minor details.
- The removable universal headshell that allows the operators to upgrade the cartridge for better sound.
- The die-cast aluminum platter is attached with this turntable that offers anti-resonance.
This best Under $500 turntable is designed with a harder base that results in reduced vibrations with improved sound performance. The tonearm is uniquely designed with a removable headshell that allows easy replacement of the cartridge.
The automatic touch button system allows you to simply switch on or off the turntable with a single touch. Once the music starts playing, the tonearm returns gently over the armset without any damage to the stylus or records.
The turntable is constructed with a die-cast aluminum platter for uniform rotations so that you can smoothly operate them.
This best turntable under $500 comes with a manual lifter where you can place the needle over the record according to your desire. The DP-300F has a built-in phono equalizer which allows you to connect the turntable with a receiver or an integrated amp.
This automatic turntable is powered with a belt drive system and DC servo motor with rotation speeds of around 33 1/3 or 45 RPM. The turntable has a MM cartridge that allows you to enjoy analog record music collection once you connect the DP-300F to the home system.
- Enjoy your vinyl listening experience with the brand new turntable that has a die-cast aluminum platter, standard mounted headshell, DC servo motor, MM cartridge with rotation speeds of 33 1/3 and 45 RPM.
- The automatic belt drive system allows the turntable to automatically lift up and smoothly play the music without any damage or scratches over the records.
- The built-in phono equalizer allows you to enjoy the vinyl sound collection with a perfect true sound of your original records. Connect the turntable with an integrated amp or mini component which lacks the phono terminal to enjoy using it seamlessly.
- This turntable allows the users to easily set up and installs it. Set this music system in your living room with simpler connections and listen to the new or old records immediately.
- This attractively designed turntable features superior quality and it is the must-have Best vinyl player under 500$ that adds up to the entertainment system.
- The sleek designed turntable has a heavier base that results in reduced vibrations allowing you to enjoy the pure sound with details and best performance.
Rega-planar1 is user-friendly and offers a fantastic analog sound experience. You can easily plug and play with this best turntable under $500. It features an RB110 tonearm, 24V motor and carbon cartridge.
The highlights of this turntable include immediate setup with high performance. Just unpack the turntable and enjoy within seconds.
Just hook the turntable with phono preamplifier and slide the weight balance over the tonearm until there are no budges. Now remove stylus and lay down the LP over the platter and spin the vinyl.
So The details, warmth, and information of the vinyls with this turntable are adorable. The tonearm of Rega-planar is built with ultra-low friction and zero-play bearings. The stiff headshell offers incredible appearance with perfect usability.
- The brand new styled tonearm featured in this turntable is a bespoke design, ultra-low type friction performance and zero type of play bearings.
- Every aspect of this turntable is meticulously designed which improves the performance.
- Planar 1 runs a low noise, 24v and a synchronous motor which reduces the vibrations combined with an RB110 tonearm.
- The turntable has an improved fit with removed stress over the bearings and minimal transfer of energy due to the presence of re-designed brass type main bearings.
- This phenolic platter is brand new with higher mass, 23mm resulting in the improved flywheel and stable speed.
- The gloss-laminated plinth with thermoset is highly improved in terms of appearance and ergonomically positioned switch on/ off button present over the underside. The turntable has two finished plinths available i.e. glossy white and glossy black.
Do I need a preamp for my turntable?
Well, you need to check first that you really need it or not. As we know, some turntables have built with a preamp already. Whereas, some older type of amplifiers and stereo systems made with the built-in preamps. You need to check that if your turntable consists a USB output, that means it already has a built-in preamp.
You need to check that if your turntable consists a USB output, that means it already has a built-in preamp. But in any case, if you need to get an external preamp, then you might be needed a couple of sets of cables (normally RCA cables) which help to connect to the audio system.
What does fully automatic turntable mean?
An automatic changer will perform the operation concerning a fully automatic turntable where it may further add a stacker spindle that will allow you to get the benefit of playing multiple records easily. This would be very helpful for those who want to play some multiple records at a time.
Can I connect my turntable directly to speakers?
You can get the connection to your turntable directly to speakers just, in that case, your turntable has come with a built-in preamp and as well as you have speakers with a built-in amplifier. But in some situations, if you find out that your turntable only consists a PHONO output, then you may probably need an external preamp.
Are Audio Technica Turntables good?
Of course, they are too good at delivering the fully automatic along with a start and stop button feature. However, the brand is also very good introductory turntable for those kinds of people like ambitious vinyl enthusiasts.
Growing up while listening to the records is one of the best things which you can enjoy these days over the turntables. Spend several hours listening to the digital records as the vinyl are back and this entertainment scene is never going back soon.
With turntables returning in this techno era, the manufacturers come up with different designs and different technology to offer the listeners with the best music experience. We have listed down different turntables to make it easy for you and allow you to choose the best turntables under 500$ among many choices available in the market.