Who doesn’t like to watch movies shows and play games on a larger screen? With technology advancing every day, it has become possible for users to connect their devices. For example, now you can connect your Android phone to your television and watch everything on a big screen.
The most common way that people use to connect their phones to television is through an HDMI cable, but most of the old televisions do not have an HDMI port because of which you cannot use this option to connect your Android phone to an old TV.
Ways to Connect an Android Phone to an Old TV Without HDMI
If your television doesn’t have HDMI, there’s nothing to worry about because there are ways you can try other than the HDMI cable, and we will tell you about them in this article
There are popularly only two ways to connect an Android phone to television: through cables or wireless connection. Indeed we all can agree that the wireless option is the most convenient one.
Below we will discuss the ways that do not include cables through which you can connect an Android phone to an old TV without HDMI. The two wireless ways to connect your Android phone to the television are Chromecast and Miracast.
Way 1: Use Chromecast to Connect Android Phone to TV
The first way that we will discuss is the Chromecast which is one of the easiest ways to connect your Android phone to your television.
Chromecast will help you in establishing a wireless connection between the two devices. Let’s look at the steps that you can follow to make that happen.
Steps to Use Chromecast for Wireless Connection
- Usually, Chromecast is used by connecting it to the HDMI port of the television, but if you have an old TV that does not have an HDMI, you can use an HDMI adapter to establish the connection.
- Firstly you will have to connect the HDMI adapter to the available port in your television, and then you can connect the Chromecast with the HDMI adapter.
- In the next step, you have to download the “Good Home App” on your Android phone from where you will control and connect the Chromecast with the devices.
- When you open the app, you will automatically see a few instructions on the homepage to connect the Chromecast with your Wi-Fi network.
- In the next step, you have to open the “Cast” button that will be either on the lower right or upper right on the application’s homepage. When you open the cast icon, you will see the list of devices you can connect with your Android phone.
- From the list, you have to select the Chromecast that you have connected with your television. When you tap on your Chromecast, the connection between the television and your Android phone will be established.
- You can test the connection by playing any media on your phone shown on the television.
Chromecast is widely used because of its multitasking nature. You can watch movies or shows on the television, and you can also use your phone simultaneously, which becomes extremely easy for the users.
Way 2: Use Miracast to Connect Android Phone to TV
The second and the last way that you can use to connect your Android phone to an old TV without HDMI is with the help of Miracast.
Miracast is a very old display standard that most televisions have that establishes a wireless connection between your phone and TV. Let’s look at the steps.
Steps to Use Miracast for Wireless Connection
- Firstly you have to see if your Android phone and television have Miracast capabilities. Miracast is an inbuilt app that you can find on your television.
- If both the devices are compatible with this option, you can start following the steps mentioned further. If not, use the Chromecast way.
- Every Android phone has different settings, so you have to find the mirroring and cast option in your advanced settings. If it is not available in the advanced setting, you can look for it in any other category.
- When you find the cast option on your phone, next, you have to open your television and enable the mirror cast so that your television can get connected with your Android phone.
- When you enable the Miracast option on the television and the cast option on your Android TV, you will see the list of devices on your Android phone, one of which will be your television. Select your tv and cast the screen of your phone to your old TV.
Now whatever you will play on the phone will be shown on your television as well. The only disadvantage you have in the miracast is that it is not suitable for multitasking which you can get with Chromcast.
Summing it Up
Wireless connection is one of the most hassle-free ways through which you can connect your Android phone to an old TV without HDMI. Chromecast and Miracast methods are the fastest and the easiest way to establish a connection between the two devices.
Miracast is the most convenient option because every television has this option, and every Android phone is compatible with the screen mirroring. However, if you want to multitask, Chromecast is the best way to connect your Android phone to your old television.